Autism Fitness – Exercise Movement Class
Classes Every Saturday and Wednesday:
The Coach House is excited to bring a new Exercise & Movement class for school age children with Autism.
The class will be run by *qualified coaches who have vast experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and special needs in a context and classroom setting. This is an unstructured fun class with the emphasis on movement, exercise and play.
The classes will mostly be age specific (school age kids) with class 2 for 5 to 8 years olds and Class 3 for 9 to 12 year olds with a minimum of 4/6 coaches working with the children per class. Parents are requested to wait upstairs, away from the class and relax enjoying a tea or coffee on the house.
All newcomers will be asked to try out the class before they signup for the term. After their first class coaches will decide which will be the most suitable class for that specific child. Once they are assigned a class, will we make sure they remain in that class for the rest of the term. At the end of each term, we will ask the parents to re-apply.
Classes will include:
- Exercise and movement
- Introduction to Sport & fitness through play;
- Strength & Functional Movement;
- Use of Indoor bikes which we will help children master their cycling technique;
- Obstacle course;
- Use of Climbing apparatus, ropes and swing;
- Lots of visual games which will ensure a fun and safe time.
- Class 1: 12pm to 1.00pm for Children with Dyspraxia mixed ages:
- Class 2: 1.00pm to 2.00pm for 5 to 8 year olds;
- Class 3: 2.05pm to 3.05pm for 9 to 12 year olds.
- Class 4: Wednesday 6.30pm to 7.30pm for 7 to 11 years olds.
Cost: €145 (10 weeks)
For more information please email email@example.com or Call: Rob 087 254 7526 or Antonio 087 218 3837
*Our coaches are not Occupational Therapists, they all hold coaching qualification and some also have qualifications in Child psychology, sports science and special needs assistance.
Class 5: 3.15pm to4:15pm
Saturday Calisthenics with Alan Finn PT for mixed ages:
This is a non competitive individual focused class with lots of positive encouragement. Ideal for kids who aren’t particularly interested in team sport but want to be part of something that helps build their self-esteem and confidence whilst getting fitter, stronger and having fun at the same time.