We provide heathy sandwiches & toast made on whole grain bread, pasta, vegetables, yogurts, fruit and water. The most important aspect of our after school is movement through exercise and play. Healthy eating is very important like a finely-tuned racing car, the body needs the right fuel (food) and regular maintenance (exercise, lifestyle and mental attitude) to achieve its true health potential. Nothing is more important than healthy eating and exercise.
The benefits of maintaining a healthy diet are:
- Give you vitality and energy for life;
- Help you stay at a weight that’s right for you;
- Boost your immune system;
- Improve sports performance;
- Delay the effects of ageing;
- Keep you active and fit into old age;
- Help beat tiredness and fatigue;
- Protect teeth and keep gums healthy;
- Enhance your ability to concentrate and alter your mood;
- Ward off serious illnesses like heart disease, certain cancers, mature-age onset diabetes, and gallbladder disease.
Put in the wrong fuel or let it go without regular use and there’s no way it can deliver its full power and performance. Without healthy eating, your body’s engine will cough, splutter and eventually stall.
Everything we repeatedly do defines us. That’s why we must teach our children to develop good habits from an early age. If it’s repeated frequently enough, it becomes an automatic reflex.
You can find out what your child ate by asking us each day. Healthy Snacks, Fruit and water is available to children from 2.30pm to 5pm each day.